Re: Any idea of a date XHTML2 will be "ratified"

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 21:48:19 +0100 (BST)
To: www-html@w3.org

> I teach web page construction at a technical college in Minnesota.  In an
> attempt to be ahead of the game or at least to be in the game for a change,
> I was wondering if there is any concept as to a date XHTML2 will become the

XHTML 2 may not be suitable for many web pages.  If you teach HTML as part
of a commercial arts course, you should probably stick with HTML 4.01, or
WHATWG's HTML 5.  If you teach technical authoring, XHTML 2 may be appropriate;
it may also be appropriate for web applications where the data is more
important than appearence.