Re: Headline: Styles pondering desertion to Content!

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 21:29:26 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-html@w3.org

> Likely.  I call grading-dohickies "content" because they are "the data"
> of the grading process.  Teacher added data.  Its is not to "adorn" the
> original content.  Or is it?  :/  I'm not well versed with all the

You are making two mistakes:

1) you are confusing imlementations with the underlying requirements.
   Particular markup styles are implementations of underlying concepts and
   a structural markup language should identify the underlying concept,
   not the representation of it.

2) you are assuming that [X]HTML is intended to be the ultimate document
   markup language, when it is actually intended to be a simple one,
   with languages like DocBook for more sophisticated use.