Re: XHTML 2.0 <datetime> element proposal

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:06:44 +0100 (MET)
To: www-html@w3.org

> > Last but not least, I think there is already a sufficient and generic
> > way to indicate date and time, see Dublin Core [1], although
> > having the same characteristics as mentioned above (defining
> > normally only one specific format for n release/update date or
> > period). An user agent might parse this in a user
> > demanded way, too, like expected from the (preferred?) 'attribute
> > version'.

Tantek Çelik:
> Dublin Core date and time simply also refers to ISO8601.  It does not
> define any date time XML element(s).

Lachlan Hunt:
> Dublin core is for meta data, not xml markup, plus it seems to be based
> on ISO 8601.

Did I say it defines markup, or I did I say it doesn't use ISO 8601? No. --
It (DC.Date) already is a sufficient method to indicate time and periods, and
having said that 'a user agent might parse this [...]' does not at all mean
it's markup, since there is indeed the facility that user-agents display meta
data as well.

 Jens.

--
Jens Meiert