Question: XHTML Tables Module

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:12:13 +0200 (MEST)
To: "W3C HTML" <www-html@w3.org>

After having revised the XHTML 2 WD another time, I again wondered about the
use of the <th /> element -- wouldn't it be simply enough to use the <thead
/> element instead surrounding the corresponding table cells, which offers
enough possibilities to highlight and format the table head (via CSS)?

I'm sorry but I obviously don't understand the need for that element, thus
it seems quite unnecessary for me and (in the moment) I think it would be a
more generic solution to abstain from it. Can you please give me some details
(to be more constructive in this case and to get rid of my ignorance ;)?

Best regards,
 Jens.

--
Jens Meiert