RE: Question: XHTML Tables Module

From: Jewett, Jim J <jim.jewett@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:40:56 -0400
To: "'Jens Meiert'" <jens.meiert@erde3.com>, W3C HTML <www-html@w3.org>

> After having revised the XHTML 2 WD another time, I again
> wondered about the use of the <th /> element -- wouldn't it
> be simply enough to use the <thead /> element instead
> surrounding the corresponding table cells,

One use of a table is a spreadsheet; the table may be
modified (including reordered) based on user input.
The headers typically are not subject to the same filters.

you know exactly what you want.  It is awkward to say
"I'm not sure exactly what <thead><td> *should* look
like, but please ignore the <td> rules.  Well, some of them."

-jJ