Re: The style attribute, again

> Unfortunately, many content developers do not have access to, or are not
> allowed to alter, the master style sheet(s) of a site. They may not even
> see a document's <head> element. This is typical of many large
corporations.
> Often, a developer must resort to a little style attribute here and there.

I notice the problem where to go into the concrete usage of XHTML and its
elements/attributes. It is right pointing out the difficulties someone might
have to keep the code clean and properly working, but I guess you cannot offer
a solution to everyone -- but maybe you can force companies to create better
alternatives in maintaining source code (in your example by deblocking some
elements in the <head />).

> The style attribute does no harm. Although I rarely use, I do see a need
> for it to remain in the specification.

I agree.

 Jens Meiert.

--