Re: The style attribute, again

From: Simon Jessey <simon@jessey.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 17:11:41 -0400
To: <www-html@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy" <aholmes84@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: The style attribute, again

> In my opinion, there is no need for the style attribute and should be
deprecated in XHTML2. For the
> example:

> Why not just use:
>
>     .b { font-weight: bold; }

Unfortunately, many content developers do not have access to, or are not
allowed to alter, the master style sheet(s) of a site. They may not even see
a document's <head> element. This is typical of many large corporations.
Often, a developer must resort to a little style attribute here and there.
The style attribute does no harm. Although I rarely use, I do see a need for
it to remain in the specification.

Simon Jessey

w: http://jessey.net/blog/
e: simon@jessey.net