Re: The style attribute, again

From: Andy <aholmes84@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:51:28 -0700
To: Daniel Glazman <glazman@netscape.com>, www-html@w3.org

Daniel Glazman wrote:

> Mikko Rantalainen wrote:
>
>> IIRC, the last post to www-html list about this issue was by Ian
>> Hickson's "We don't need the style attribute"
>> <URL:http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2003Jan/0277.html>.
>> Nobody expressed disagreement.
>

> Because the people in favor of the style attribute were a bit fed up of
> discussing this issue with Ian. Our lack of answer there should not be
> understood as "we gave up".

And what about us silent folks who agreed? In my opinion, there is no
need for the style attribute and should be deprecated in XHTML2. For the
example:

Why not just use:

    .b { font-weight: bold; }

Stuff like this is a no brainer for me personally. I do however realize
that the bold example wasn't an example from the 'pro style attribute'
side of this discussion, so I challenge you to come up with a 'real life
example' which argues your point.

-Andy