Re: XHTML doctype and namespace lookups overwhelm w3.org servers?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 15:00:27 -0500
To: ehofmeister@musikcafeen.dk
cc: www-html@w3.org

> I save it as examp2.htm and examp2.xml respectively.

What you are seeing is IE's lack of support for XHTML.  If you name the file
examp2.htm, it treats it as HTML (not XHTML) and just parses it.  When you name it
examp2.xml, it treats it as XML and does not realize that it is actually XHTML.

Boris
--
We are all agreed that your theory is crazy.  The
question which divides us is whether it is crazy enough