Re: XHTML 2.0 considered harmful

From: (wrong string) äper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:50:57 +0100
To: "www html w3.org" <www-html@w3.org>

Jonny Axelsson:

> speaking for myself only, right now CSS 3.0 is to me the living proof that
> something is going wrong at W3C. It is a monster that noone will ever
> implement,

That's exactly what I fear, but OTOH most things make perfect sense for an
all-purpose styling language. It's like "HTML4/CSS2 are fully sufficient for
the web, if correctly implemented, but we have to do *something* new once in
a while."
I think no-one needs the all-purpose solution, but anyone wants a bit out of
it, thus everyone will use it.

> CSS 3.0 as a whole will be fragmented.

I thought that was okay for modularized specs?

Christoph Päper - if this were Usenet I'd set a X-Post & Followup-To