Re: Three design-related (HTML or CSS) elements for your consideration

From: Philip TAYLOR [PC336/H-XP] <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:46:01 +0000
To: www-html@w3.org

Dear Rob -- How lucky you are to have perfect vision,
highly developed aesthetic sensibilities, and a dedicated
T3 link.  But from your privileged position, try to
dedicate just a little time to considering the plight
of those who have none of these, yet /still/ need to
be able to comprehend (I won't say "appreciate") the
pages which you create.  If you can do this, you may
begin to see that appearance and aesthetics /aren't/
the be-all and end-all of web design : accessibility,
adherence to standards, and logical markup, are all
equally important, and (from the perspective of those
unable to share your privileged position), perhaps
even more so.

Philip Taylor, RHBNC