Re: Three design-related (HTML or CSS) elements for your consideration

From: Rob Larsen <rob@drunkenfist.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:34:27 -0500
To: <www-html@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mikko Rantalainen" <mira@cc.jyu.fi>

> The problem is that amateur web authors generally consider page looks
> much more important than the content.

A "problem?" I hate to be the one to step on your utopian vision of the
secret life of _professional_ web designers and developers, but, in the real
world "how it looks" is a mighty large percentage of how successful you are.
Maybe we could somehow reprogram the world so that visual aesthetics don't
matter. In its place we could install the inherent technical beauty of
adhering to w3c specifications. Then maybe worrying about "how a page looks"
could be considered a problem...

Sorry for sullying the purity of your discussion with my ugly, real world
opinions.

Rob