Object and New Insert Code Element

From: Arthur Wiebe <webmaster@awiebe.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 19:32:37 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org

I've been trying for the longest time to insert code from an external
file onto another page for a long time. Using <object> does not work to
good. SSI is not supported and I even tried Flash.
I say one thing XHTML 2 desperately needs is a new element called
insert. We would use it sort of like object except this would be for
inserting code, (not images or applications!) from an external file
source. This is something myself and many others NEED.

It would be so fun to be able to do this.

<insert data-"http://domain.com/directory/filename.ext"
type-"application/xhtml+xml"/> or
<insert data-"http://domain.com/directory/filename.ext"
type-"application/xhtml+xml">Your browser does not support XHTML 2.0.
Sorry.</insert>

Arthur - http://awiebe.com