Re: Object and New Insert Code Element

From: Florent Geffroy <lecastor2001@yahoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 07:52:43 +0200 (CEST)
To: www-html@w3.org

Oops, I sent this reply directly to Arthur, so here is
the complete story :

 --- Arthur Wiebe <webmaster@awiebe.com> a écrit : >
> I've been trying for the longest time to insert code
> from an external
> file onto another page for a long time. Using
> <object> does not work to
> good. SSI is not supported and I even tried Flash.

I must say that I don't agree. The object tag works
really good, even with flash. Just use the following
syntax :

<object data="foo.swf"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
  <param name="movie" value="foo.swf" />
</object>

It is xhtml 1.1 valid, and works both in IE and
Mozilla !

Florent Geffroy