Re: escaping escaping

Well I'll be darn'ed.  I never thought this would work

The uploaded file was checked and found to be valid XHTML 1.1. This means
that the resource in question identified itself as "XHTML 1.1" and that we
successfully performed a formal validation using an SGML or XML Parser
(depending on the markup language used).

yada, yada, yada

Below is the source input I used for this validation:

   1: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
   2: <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
   3: <head>
   4:   <title>XHTML 1.1 Test</title>
   5:   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="application/xhtml+xml;
charset=utf-8" />
   6:
   7: </head>
   8:
   9: <body>
  10: <div id="main">
  11: 	<p>something in main</p>
  12:
  13:
  14: <div class="embed">
  15: <![CDATA[
  16: 	<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
  17: 	<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
  18: 		<head>
  19:   			<title>XHTML 1.1 Test</title>
  20:   			<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=utf-8" />
  21: 		</head>
  22:
  23: 		<body>
  24: 			<div>
  25: 				<p>HTML in embed</p>
  26: 			</div>
  27: 		</body>
  28: 	</html>
  29: ]]>
  30: </div>
  31: </div>
  32: </body>
  33: </html>
Sure does look like sh*t in MSIE6 and Opera though.  Works right in Amaya
though.--Gannon J. Dick----- Original Message -----