Re: The X in HTML

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2002 11:40-0900
To: www-html@w3.org

Philip Taylor wrote:

> [...] I would like the flexibility
> to mark up a web page with an arbitrary set of tags of my choosing
[...]
> And therefore what I am looking for (and maybe proposing, if it does not
> already exist) is a means of extending XHTML such that each and every
> document can use the set of tags that are relevant to that document

If you're creating throwaway vocabularies with no public definition, why
choose HTML at all?  The proper course in this situation seems to me to
be the creation of an XML document, free of any DTD or other schema,
served as "text/xml" or as "application/xml".

--
Etan Wexler <mailto:ewexler@stickdog.com>
Freebird!