RE: The X in HTML

From: Manos Batsis <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:18:32 +0300
To: "Johannes Koch" <koch@pixelpark.com>, "Philip TAYLOR [PC87S/O-XP]" <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Cc: <www-html@w3.org>

> From: Johannes Koch [mailto:koch@pixelpark.com]
>
> You can write well-formed X(HT)ML documents without any DTD. Just mix
> XHTML elements with your additional ones (using another
> namespace). But
> you cannot expect the documents to be valid.

There are two ways towards XHTML Modularization. One is DTDs and the
other is though XML Schema. I find the second easier to merge with my
work. You can find extensible schemas and the relative draft at [1].
Even features a convenient .zip for download.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-m12n-schema/

Cheers,

Manos