Re: Headings in lists

From: (wrong string) šper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 21:00:37 +0200
To: "www-html" <www-html@w3.org>

Tantek «elik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>:
> On 8/20/02 11:09 AM, "Christoph Pšper" <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
>> *Tantek «elik*:
>>>
>>> Why not <caption> instead of <h>?
>>
>> And why not extending this to <object>?
>
> Unfortunately <object>'s content model is already predefined to be a
> fallback mechanism, thereby limiting the ability to insert additional
markup
> in its contents for other purposes.

That's true, though there's <param/>, but currently <caption/> is only valid
inside <table/>, thus it should^Wmight be possible to allow it directly
inside <object/>. <h/> in contrast isn't applicable here, because it really
could be alternate content.
Nevertheless, I'd be happy with a caption *attribute*, too, but think it
way to use it with CSS's display:caption or caption-side.

Christoph