Re: How about a <notice> element?

From: Lorenzo De Tomasi <lorenzo.detomasi@libero.it>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 21:17:24 +0200
To: <www-html@w3.org>

on 20-08-2002 19:12, Brian V Bonini at b-bonini@cox.net wrote:

>> Visual user agents could render <notice type="notice"> with a green
>> background and <notice type="error"> and <notice type="warning"> with a
>> red background, and/or they could display an icon next to the notice (on
>> the Windows platform, an "I" sign, an exclamation mark, and a red circle
>> with a white X in it is typically used for these types of messages).
>>

> Presentation should be controllable via css and not fixed. I think.. :)

Yes, but I think that Jonas's suggestions are for the default rendering in
the browsers. They may change in different OSes and can be changed with a
css. Exactly as happens with <quote>d text in Netscape 6.2.3, that is
rendered indented as default.
Obviously the render with the same attributes under different OSes and
browsers must be identical.