Re: Comments on "section", "LinkTypes" and "quote" in XHTML 2.0 WD

Hi

On Tue 06-Aug-2002 at 12:24:35PM +0200, Christian Ottosson wrote:

> _LinkTypes_
> In the data type "LinkTypes" [3] I would like to see the widely
> discussed linktype "Parent", analogous to "Next" and "Prev",
> indicating a parent document, the parent in a hierarchy.

I agree that "parent" would be good to have. Possibly "child" and
"sibling" would make sense as well.

"meta" is used a lot and is the recommended way of linking to RDF
metadata so perhaps that should be considered.

However people generally seem to do their own thing with the rel=""
attribute and perhaps it's best like that, one I came across recently
that I liked was rel="permalink".

More on "link" here:

  http://www.subotnik.net/html/link.html.en

Chris