RE: Fireworks pop-up menus

From: Dave J Woolley <david.woolley@bts.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 17:45:07 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org
> From:	Jennifer.D.3@bwc.state.oh.us [SMTP:Jennifer.D.3@bwc.state.oh.us]
>
> Hi everyone...I'm working on a site and I'm utilizing Fireworks generated
> pop-up menus. I am having a problem where the pop-up menus go behind form
	[DJW:]
	I can't work out what change you are proposing in the
	HTML specification.

> text fields and drop-down menus making it impossible to read some of the
> menu items. I have tried working with the z-index of both the menus and
> the
	[DJW:]
	The phrase "z-index" doesn't appear anywhere in the
	specification (HTML 4.01, at least).

> forms and nothing seems to work. We did modify the JavaScript, but even
> when
> we used non-modified JavaScript, the same error occurs. Has anyone else
> had
> this problem? Is there a fix that I don't know about?
[DJW:]
The only references to Javascript are in non-normative examples.

I strongly suspect you have not read or understood the list
charter.