RE: Fireworks pop-up menus

Thank you very much for your help. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Bergerson [mailto:tbergers@lante.com]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 12:05 PM
To: Ken Grygienc
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: RE: Fireworks pop-up menus

look at cdw.com.   select elements and certain other form controls do not
have a
z-index property.  cdw developers solved this by hiding the form element
when a
conflicting pop-up menu appears and then showing it when the pop-up goes
away.
they implemented it only for ie user agent.  it can be done for netscape 4
as
well but the problem is that the menu trigger must happen on links rather
than
other objects and getting netscape to un-pop-up the pop-up becomes a tricky
issue.

tom b

chicago

"Ken Grygienc" <kgrygienc@agencyr.com> on 06/04/2001 10:34:01 AM