RE: When there's no appropriate tag...

> From:	Adil [SMTP:adil.h@mail.com]
>
> What do you do when you cannot find an appropriate HTML tag
> to mark the content on your page? For example, if I have a
	[DJW:]
	This could be argued to be an authoring question
	and therefore off topic.

	Basically you use the *element* that best approximates
	the intended meaning and use style sheets to distinguish
	it - use a class to identify the detailed semantics.
	HTML is deliberately simplified compared with, say,
	the DOCBOOK DTD, and the very low takeup of structural markup
	means there is little pressure to add things like titles
	and sub-titles.

	For heavy technical documents consider DOCBOOK as the master, and
	maybe run it through a DOCBOOK to HTML convertor for those who want
	to view it as HTML (although the conversions I've seen have not
	been particularly good at mapping docbook to HTML sementics).
[DJW:]