When there's no appropriate tag...

From: Adil <adil.h@mail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 08:56:30 -0500 (EST)
To: www-html@w3.org
Hello

What do you do when you cannot find an appropriate HTML tag
to mark the content on your page? For example, if I have a
heading at the top of the page and then a single line with
the author's name, what tag do I use to surround the author's
name? If I use <p> and </p>, the enclosing text is not exactly
a paragraph. What if I want a caption beneath an image?
Again, I could use <p>Figure 1</p>, but that's not a exactly
a paragraph of text either!

I know about XML and XHTML, but would like to use tags
understood by as wide a range of browsers as possible - in
other words sticking to the current HTML tags for structural
markup.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards - Adil

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com