RE: FRAMEBORDER attribute?

> From:	Dan Miller [SMTP:danolist@reboot.com]
>

> For example, use JS to document.write a navigational header only IF the
> doc is loaded in a top level window.  Have the same header in a NOSCRIPT
> tag for no-JS browsers.  The JS header does not appear when the doc is
> loaded into a frameset, but appears outside of it or woth JS off.
[DJW:]
My view is that you should not need scripting to do things
which are consistent with the web concept and essential
to navigation.  If this feature is really needed, the right
way it to propose an <unframed> element (problems are backwards
compatibility and the demise of frames).

Note that commercial sites often don't like the lack of control
resulting from deep links, so might well still force you to
the home page.