RE: FRAMEBORDER attribute?

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Frank Tobin wrote:

> While I normally don't use frames, I think there are justified uses for
> frames.  Consider a situation such as a file-tree viewier, such as
> Windows' Explorer or KDE's file manager.  By using such a combintation,
> the "tree" frame can be used independently of the "file-listing" frame;

I as the user am in a much better position to decide if I want to see a
tree list, and a file list simultaniously or not.  Should I decide that I
want both, then I will open 2 windows and place them side by side, and
drag links from the navigation window to the file window.  If I'm not in
the mood for this, and know exactly where I'm going, then I can leave only
one window open.

The point is that the user should decide this, not the author.

--
Russell O'Connor
           <http://www.math.berkeley.edu/~roconnor/>