RE: form emails [OFF TOPIC]

> From:	Denis Boltikov [SMTP:subscribe@ensk.ru]
>
>           test@test.com?to=my@email.net&subj=subj&body=your+text
	[DJW:]
	This response is not meaningful without specifying the
	specific product(s) that behave this way.  It is a proprietory
	extension to URLs (not to HTML).  It fails, from the address
	box, for IE 5.01 (to and subj ignored and + not substituted).
	It fails for NS 4.75 (subj ignored, + not substituted; I
	expected "to" to override the header To, but it adds a second
	destination).  Fails for Lynx (same as NS 4.75, except that
	the default subject is the complete URL, rather than empty).

	Lynx probably behaves like NS because minority browsers are
	under pressure to behave like the superset of the big 2, in
	terms of support for proprietory features.

	I suspect subj is the wrong name.

	NB If this URL is used in an href attribute, the &'s must
	be replaced by &.  Most browsers will recover from this
	error, but this list is about HTML as specified, not as
	abused.  I prefixed the URL with "mailto:" for the tests.