RE: form emails [OFF TOPIC]

From: Dave J Woolley <david.woolley@bts.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:44:39 +0100
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
> From:	Catherine Sherman [SMTP:catherine_sherman@hotmail.com]
>
> Is there a way to send the message body directly to an email address in
> HTML?  That would be great, but somehow I think the answer is probably no.

	[DJW:]
	URL handling is not part of the HTML specification and
	therefore off topic.

	I don't believe that the URL specification covers the
	use of parameters on mailto:, so I think you are talking
	about proprietory features of particular browsers.

	Many browsers allow mailto: URLs as form actions,
	but the result tends not to be very friendly.

> So, how about JavaScript?  My ultimate goal is to avoid having to run a
> script...

	[DJW:]  Please report any browser which allows Javascript to
	send mail to a third party to the relevant security mailing
	list.  Such a feature would be highly undesirable, unless
	restricted to pages identified as completely trusted
	(onload="spam the next 50 victims").