RE: 403 errors

From: Piers Williams <PiersW@zinc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:30:38 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org
True, but this isn't going to notify the owner of the originating site, just
the owner of the site with the 'missing' page.

Mind you this really isn't an HTML issue - site owners should deploy
commonly availiable link-checking tools (as well as custom error pages) to
catch broken outbound links.

[..]