RE: printing html

From: Nir Dagan <nir@nirdagan.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:16:54 -0500
To: Dave J Woolley <DJW@bts.co.uk>, www-html@w3.org
I think that IE5.0 supports thead and tfoot in printing
*provided* that the author assigns the analogous CSS display
properties to these elements. (A rather strange implementation
as it is supposed to be their default display)

Regards,
Nir.

At 06:57 PM 1/28/00 +0000, Dave  J Woolley wrote:
>> From:	ben van't ende [SMTP:argument@telekabel.nl]
>>
>> etc. I tried using THEAD-TBODY-TFOOT, but in some way this
>> doesn't seem to work. i'm probably overlooking something.
>> Can anyone assist?
>>
>	I'm not aware of any browser that implements it,
>	although, if I were looking for one, I'd look at
>	the non-commercial and semi-commercial browsers
>	like Amaya and Mozilla, not the current big 2.
>
>	As far as I know, not even the html2ps perl script
>	supports them.
>
>	Printing tends to be considered a very incidental
>	function in commercial browsers.

Nir Dagan
Assistant Professor of Economics
Brown University