Re: Embed attribute for LINK element

From: Pavel Nejedly <nejep9am@ss1000.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:30:20 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org
On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 03:01:34AM -0800, Matthew Brealey wrote:
# I realise that this is somewhat different from other HTML insofar as it
# generates content, but I feel that it would be of enormous benefit - I
# find that I have to duplicate much of my LINKed style sheet in my HTML for
# offline reading, which rather obviates the advantages of having LINKed
# style in the first place.

  IMHO user should be able to save the stylesheet even if the author hadn't
  included embed="embed". So this should be a matter of browser design,
  not (X)HTML itself. As far as I know MSIE5 can save linked resources
  (images, stylesheets, etc.) with the document. Yes - older browsers can't,
  but they do not support embed, however.

  Pavel Nejedly