Re: inline CSS (was: is anyone interested in XHTML?)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, L. David Baron wrote:

> I'll refrain from discussing whether or not this is a good solution,
> simply because I don't have the time right now.

Any solution that doesn't rule out HTTP headers can't be bad.  Any
solution that involves META can't be good:) [Note that the entire
issue of a default stylesheet language arises only because of the
style attribute.  Every kludge begets another...]

The best solution, SGML wise, is probably to use data notations for
attributes (i.e. a declared value of DATA followed by a notation
name).  XML doesn't have this yet.

In the future, a radically different solution may also be possible.
I'll save that rant ("CLASS considered harmful") for another time:)

Arjun