RE: is anyone interested in XHTML?

> From:	Tantek Çelik [SMTP:tantek@cs.stanford.edu]
>
> I am arguing for *both*.  Authors should have the *choice* of using a
> externally referenced mechanism or an inline mechanism.

	Inline style encourages documents in which the only
	structural elements are span and div.  On the other
	hand, the genie has been let out of the bottle, and
	I cannot see any commercial browser supplier ever
	removing inline styling, because of its WYSISYG
	"benefits", and if it were removed from browsers, I
	can't see any mainstream authoring tool designer removing
	the appearance that you can do that, even if the tool
	really generated #id selectors for every element.

	Just looking at the way people use MS Word, very few
	people, even amongst graduates, think in terms of
	structure.