Re: is anyone interested in XHTML?

At 21:22 16.02.00 -0500, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>I'm quite excited about XHTML, writing a book, my usual routine.  Is
>anybody else?

I haven't found any any strong enthusiasm or the opposite with XHTML, but I
think there is an interest. Here's a discussion at CNET Builder Buzz:
"XHTML: The Web's Saving Grace?"
<http://buzz.builder.com/cgi-bin/WebX?14@179.wgqJaJIKjsQ^1@.ee7b2bd/0>

But in reality XHTML has little immediate effect for any designer. In the
long run it will be important.

The good: XHTML leverages XML. Doesn't really matter as long as XML browser
support is theoretical.
The bad: Differences in coding. Doesn't really matter as these differences
are minor (nothing new comes, nothing old goes), and should be possible to
automatically convert anyway (as long as the original is HTML 4.0 compliant)

There is some developer XHTML interest due to XSLT.