Re: The Death of Html

From: David Meadows <david@heroes.force9.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 21:10:56 +0100
To: "w3c html" <www-html@w3.org>
Daniel Cassar <illusion@gulf.net.au> wrote:
To: w3c html <www-html@w3.org>
Date: 08 July 1999 10:07
Subject: Re: The Death of Html

>As long as your everyday person can get room for a homepage I think there
>will always be a need for a simple web code.

I disagree. As authors become more insulated from the HTML syntax, the HTML
syntax can become ever more complex.

I know plenty of people who can (and do) create web pages, yet would not
know a HTML tag if they saw it. As authoring tools grow more sophisticated
and user-friendly, the need to learn HTML will vanish. After all, how many
people bother to learn RTF syntax in order to use Microsoft Word?

--
David Meadows [ Technical Writer | Information Developer ]
DNRC Minister for Littorasy * david@heroes.force9.co.uk

"Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.
"Yes," said Piglet. "Rabbit's clever."
"And he has Brain."
"Yes," said Piglet. "Rabbit has Brain."
There was a long silence.
"I suppose," said Pooh, "that's why he never understands anything."
 -- A.A. Milne