FORM FIELDS & ENTER (SUBMIT)

From: JOSE ADRIANO BALTIERI <JABALTIE@iep-cen.unimep.br>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:54:09 -0300
To: www-html@w3.org

         I'm not quite sure but I think this has been asked before...

         Anyway, here it goes again :

         I have a very simple form with a text field and a submit button.

         When the text field is selected and the cursor is in its middle, I
press Enter. A form submit is triggered but, whithin CGI's query string I can
see that the button field was cut off, I mean it was not included.

         If I submit the form using the button, it is included correctly.

         Doesn't matter if the form is GET or POST or if I use a PROXY server
or not.

         What can I do to include the button field under any circumstances ?

         Maybe some sort of Javascript trick ?

                                Obrigado/Thanks a lot,

                                Jose Adriano Baltieri
                                Analista de Sistemas
                                CPD - CENTRO
                                UNIMEP - Universidade Metodista de Piracicaba
                                PIRACICABA - SP - BRASIL
                                Fone : (019) 430-1884 (english spoken)
                                Fax  : (019) 430-1898