Re: <div align=justify> ?

From: David Meadows <david@heroes.force9.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 23:18:36 -0000
To: "www-html" <www-html@w3.org>
>> >Does the <div> tag allow you to format text, so that it is justified
>> >across the page, instead of the usual left, right and centre alignments?

Yes.

>> No.  It does not exist (at least to my knowledge, and if it does it
>> shouldn't)

Yes it does. Though maybe it shouldn't ;-)

>Folks, a 30-second trip to the HTML spec can clear this right up. Please
>bother to check:

30 seconds later I announce: In HTML 4.0 Transitional, <DIV ALIGN=JUSTIFY>
is allowed, though it is depreciated (i.e. not recommended).

>> because the DIV element was designed for use with CSS.

No it wasn't. The DIV element existed before CSS.

--
David Meadows [ Technical Writer | Information Developer ]
DNRC Minister for Littorasy * david@heroes.force9.co.uk