Re: Voyager /HTML element & attribute names should be UPPER-CASE.

From: <ptorr@vantsys.com.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:44:50 +1000
To: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
cc: www-html@w3.org

Walter Ian Kaye:
>who finds upper-case tags make it MUCH easier to maintain hand-coded
>HTML (because it stands out from the text content).

Well, if you fork out $$$ for a web development tool (I use Microsoft
Visual InterDev), it highlights the HTML tags for you. But obviously that
isn't an option for everyone.

Personally, I prefer lower case because it is easier to code, especially if
you have RSI-related problems which are due mainly to the repeated use of
the shift / control keys (like me!).

I think you'll find it's six of one and half a dozen of the other, so you'd
really want to maintain case-*in*sensitivity.

Peter.