Re: XHTML and CASE-SENSITIVITY

At 2:09p -0800 02/24/99, Daniel Austin wrote with bad line breaks:
>Speaking for myself, not for CNET or the HTML Working Group:
>
>	While I sympathize with those who would like HTML to use upper case
>tags,
>this is unlikely to change. XML is case sensitive, and therefore the case of
>element names
>must be specified in one way alone. Given this, lower case was chosen.

<QUESTION ID=1>
But WHY was lower case chosen over upper case?
</QUESTION>

<QUESTION ID=2>
And why were the thousands(?) of web developers around the world never
consulted about this, or given the chance to vote?
</QUESTION>

<PROBLEM>
We're the ones who have to use it, so to not consult us about this is
extremely rude, uncaring, and mean.
</PROBLEM>

<OBSERVATION>
I didn't know HTML had become a dictatorship, but obviously it has.
<OBSERVATION>

-Walter
 who will continue to use upper-case HTML tags, XML be damned.