Re: Adding simple graphics in HTML (Part II)

From: Alex Montgomery <amontgom@miranda.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 08:59:56 -0500
To: <Ong123Z@URegina.CA>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

Considering that the W3C is actually trimming down HTML in an attempt to get
rid of all tags that don't have to do with the structure of a document, (I have
read countless articles talking about how HTML is only for *STRUCTURE* not for
formatting) and having just finished a draft on the SVG language, I doubt
they'll be too keen on adding a new set of tags...

However, for graphs and other math related drawings, perhaps MathML (an
implementation of XML) supports it... (I don't know, I haven't looked at the
MathML spec yet..) or you could bring it up in a MathML discussion forum and
see if there are any plans for that...

Alex Montgomery
amontgom@miranda.com

your original post was rather long, so I trimmed it down to the part I'm
dealing with..