Re: Clean up the "Three Flavor" Mess

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@operasoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:58:53 +0200 (MET DST)
To: "Daniel Hiester" <alatus@earthlink.net>
Cc: <www-html@w3.org>
Daniel Hiester wrote:

 > Of course, the only reason I still use font tages in my pages are because
 > that's STILL what too many user's browsers have, and NOT CSS. (sorry to
 > complain...)

Among the poplar GUI browsers, only NS3 doesn't support ways of
reliably replacing FONT with CSS. Therefore I wonder:

 - from where do you get your numbers that say there are "still too
   many"?
 - what is your pain threshold, i.e. at what point will think it's ok
   to switch to CSS?

-h&kon

Håkon Wium Lie             http://www.operasoftware.com/people/howcome
howcome@operasoftware.com                      simply a better browser