Re: Caching Problems

At 4:01p -0700 09/23/98, Sael Gh. Zumot wrote:
>Hello Everyone:
>
>I am developing an Intranet system and facing some difficulties with
>caching the pages.
>If I am calling a page retrieving data from the database, it gets it
>from the cache.
>
>I used the following two tags at the head part of each page and still
>the problem is there:
>
>Can anybody help or suggest where shall I go, I am lost in this
>problem???

The cache referred to in these tags is not the local cache on the user's
computer, but rather any proxy cache. You might consider (yeah I know
it's distasteful) putting a little note on your auto-generated pages
suggesting that the user force-reload the page for the most current
information. (On the Mac, I think both Nav and IE, hold down the Option
key while clicking the Reload button; I don't know the key for Windows
or UNIX...)

-Walter