Re: Caching Problems

On 24 Sep 98, at 9:29, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

> The cache referred to in these tags is not the local cache on the user's
> computer, but rather any proxy cache. You might consider (yeah I know
> it's distasteful) putting a little note on your auto-generated pages
> suggesting that the user force-reload the page for the most current
> information. (On the Mac, I think both Nav and IE, hold down the Option
> key while clicking the Reload button; I don't know the key for Windows
> or UNIX...)

Windows: Shift-Reload or Shift-Refresh

Regards,
Ian Samson
Electronic Publishing (SBN/MSDN/HWG Member)
Human Sciences Research Council, Pretoria, South Africa
Voice:  [+27(0)12] 302 2013   Fax: [+27(0)12] 302 2445
Organisation #: [+27(0)12] 302 2999
http://www.hsrc.ac.za/
--
Opinions expressed in this message are my own
and do not reflect official policy of the HSRC.