RE: newspaper-style columns

From: David Norris <kg9ae@geocities.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 19:01:23 -0500
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Who's to say that one could not use a newspaper media type.  There are
provisions for print, screen, Braille, speech, etc.  It would not be
far-fetched to use HTML for a newspaper.  It may not display well on a
standard video screen, but, that does not mean that it would not fit with
other media.  Perhaps we will even have a special newspaper screen someday.
It is trivial to use CSS to display the document differently on various
media types.  I would agree that it is probably bad form to try to display a
newspaper format on a normal video screen.  I, for one, wouldn't even
attempt it.

,David Norris

Illusionary Web - http://illusionary.dyn.ml.org/ <-- 02:00 - 10:00 GMT
Video/Audio Phone - callto:illusionary.dyn.ml.org
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
E-Mail - kg9ae@geocities.com