FW: Optimizing NT Servers

From: Prince <prince@xenix.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 19:16:34 +0100
To: "www-Html" <www-html@w3.org>
Hello there fellow listees...

I've got a problem here and I'd appreciate if someone could help me with
this (if there's any solution to it, that is)....*grin*.

The problem is :

I've just completed setting up an intranet site for for one of my major
client's electronic manufacturing reference-book. It consists of a huge
amount of HTML documents as well as GIF illustrations. The network specs are
as follows :

A Compaq P300, 512 Mbyte RAM with 16 GByte Raid Array Hard-disk

I have just uploaded the documents on to the NT server and I noticed that
the server's running a wee bit slow then what I have anticipated. I am
pretty sure that the server needs to go through the recycling process and
re-indexing before it can run on optimized mode. However, having said that,
I was just wondering if there is any other possible ways on how to optimize
NT server as a web-server.

M.W. Nokman
Xenix Technology Ltd.
ICQ  UIN No. : 4940401