Re: OBJECT, inheritance, and rendering

From: Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor <roconnor@wronski.math.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 14:23:31 -0400 (EDT)
To: James Aylett <dj@insigma.com>
cc: HTML <www-html@w3.org>
On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, James Aylett wrote:

> Hmm. This suggests to me that something beyond OBJECT is perhaps required
> to give the effect of dependence on the OBJECT's parent styles (and the
> OBJECT's styles themselves).

I've had this discussion on this Mailing List before.  I agree with this
statement, such constructs already exist in SGML, HTML and browsers need
only take advantage of them.

``And truth irreversibly destroys the meaning of its own message''
-- Anindita Dutta, ``The Paradox of Truth, the Truth of Entropy''