Re: Goals of HTML (and XML)? (was Re: Foreign Words and Phrases..) (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 14:05:30 -0700 (PDT)

To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 14:05:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
Subject: Re: Goals of HTML (and XML)? (was Re: Foreign Words and Phrases..) (fwd)

Once upon a time Jordan Reiter shaped the electrons to say...
>semantic-specific derivation; instead, it would be used only to indicate:
>"Here is something different, that has a language associated with it but is
>being placed directly within the text itself."

I don't see why <SPAN> with a LANG attribute DIFFERENT from the document
default LANG is not enough to implicitly imply this.

I've been reading the thread, maybe I missed it.  Smack me in the head
if I did...

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588