Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

MegaZone (
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 09:16:17 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 09:16:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <>
Subject: Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

Once upon a time Dave Raggett shaped the electrons to say...
>HTML 4.0 forms are also still rather weak as compared to 4GL
>systems. For instance you can't provide a simple order entry
>form with the capability to insert new rows into a list of
>line items. People have done this using plugins or Java, but
>this approach acts as a replacement for HTML forms, without
>the declarative representation needed for rendering on a
>wide range of browser devices and media.

THat would be nice.  I do this now with multipage forms, where they
might enter a quantity on one page, and the next page produces that
number of fields to be filled in.  But having them on one page would be

I supposed this could be done with JavaScript and Dynamic HTML, but having
it as a built in function would make life easier.

Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110
For support requests:  <>
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588