Re: Euro

J"org Knappen wrote:

> Michael Everson wrote:
>
> > I forgot to mention that the TC304 Euro Workshop did agree that an HTML
> > entity would be useful, but thought that it might be nice if it were &EUR;
>
> This is a bad idea, imho. An all-lowercase entity name is better than the
> fancy uppercasing (IMHO only uppercase letters should have capitalised
> entity names). Also shortening it one letter does no good. Everybody will
> know the currency unter the name Euro, the currency code being EUE, not EUR.
>
> A lowercase name is also in line with ¥.

I agree with J"org re capitalisation.

I'm puzzled, though, by the phrase "the currency code being EUE, not EUR."
Which currency code?  The ISO 4217 code is, I believe, "EUR".

  Misha Wolf            Email: misha.wolf@reuters.com     85 Fleet Street
  Standards Manager     Voice: +44 171 542 6722           London EC4P 4AJ
  Reuters Limited       Fax  : +44 171 542 8314           UK
12th International Unicode Conference, 8-9 Apr 1998, Tokyo, www.unicode.org
   7th World Wide Web Conference, 14-18 Apr 1998, Brisbane, www7.conf.au

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual  sender,
except  where  the  sender  specifically  states them to be the views of
Reuters Ltd.