Re: Directory Trees

Tim Bagot (timothy.bagot@keble.oxford.ac.uk)
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 13:51:18 +0100 (BST)

Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 13:51:18 +0100 (BST)
From: Tim Bagot <timothy.bagot@keble.oxford.ac.uk>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Directory Trees

On Sat, 11 Oct 1997, Tim Bagot wrote:

> I think it would be useful to have another list-like element which could
> be nested to produce collapsible trees. This would also be useful for long
> lists of contents, permitting painless navigation of several levels of
> subheadings.
>
> Tim Bagot

Liam Quinn and Rob have both suggested the use of style sheets, and I
agree. I think it is already possible by combining CSS1 with Microsoft's
DHTML, but this strikes me as rather cumbersome, especially if the
document is being written by hand; a simple method requiring the
typing of only one or two additional codes per list would certainly be
convenient.